Tuesday 3 January 2017

How to Start the New Year Right

Hey guys!

Today I'm talking about starting the brand new year in the right way. I always love the feeling of a fresh start and the power to mold this year into anything I want. I always dream of it being positive, productive and successful, but to make a new year anything, you have to start it right. Here are some of my tips!

The first thing I'm going to say is to set goals. How are you going to make the year successful if you don't know what you want to do? A healthy amount of goals to make is about 3-5, but you can make more (I made eleven this year!). Think about what it is you would like to achieve and perhaps take a couple things off your bucket list. Not only does it give you something to work towards, it gives you motivation too!

The next thing I'm going to say is that you should get some sort of planner. This can range from a cheap notebook with a couple dates inside to a £50 job with pretty designs and complex layouts. You could even set up a bullet journal for yourself, like I have this year. Anyway, the key thing is that you can really organise what you're doing this year and keep track of what you need to do as well. This really helps me to feel super organised and like I really can handle everything the year is throwing at me!

My third tip is to change your look. Alter your style, cut your hair out even just buy a new pair of earrings. The point is to feel as though you're a new, fresh person and that you've left the bad parts of you that you made in 2016 behind. Live your life with a fresh outlook on the world and be the person that you want to be in 2017.

Another tip is to declutter! Just go over your clothes, books and general possessions and donate everything you don't need/use to the local charity shop. It'll make you feel so much cleaner and organised and therefore bring you closer to a perfect start to the new year.

My last tip is to pursue a new hobby. Interested in stars? Take up stargazing! Love eating yummy cakes? Try baking! There's an endless array of delightful hobbies to try, so why not find one for the new year? If it makes you happy, there's no reason not to!

And that's my list of things that you should definitely try in the new year. Let's all work towards a happier, successful and productive 2017!
Happy blogging (and new year),
Hazel x

No comments:

Post a Comment