Wednesday 1 June 2016

Reading Wrap Up ~ May 2016

Hey guys!

So, in my other post that I made today, I have mentioned that I have got into reading again. Through this, I have also got into Booktube. On Booktube, they frequently do 'reading wrap ups' to talk about all of the books they've read that month. I thought that this was quite a good idea to replicate, so I kept a record of all the books that I read in May and now I shall talk about them.

Let's get on.

Girl Online On Tour ~ Zoe Sugg

This book was... Alright. I'd read it before this particular time, but it hadn't got any better. It definitely wasn't as good as it's predecessor, though compelling. 4/5 stars.

The Princess Diaries ~ Zoe Sugg

This was quite a babyish choice, but I saw it on the floor of my sister's room and picked it up. I wasn't impressed  though. 3/5 stars.

The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ Neil Gaiman

Now this was a good book! I was captivated from the very first page, the words running through my veins, the story playing out in front of me. I could see the scenes, I could feel the emotions. This guy is a genius and I'm looking forward to reading more of his work. 10/5 stars.

Kiss ~ Jacqueline Wilson

I was given this book by one of my friends along with a large bag of books she'd grown out of. Unfortunately, I was unimpressed. This was not one of the best of this magnificent writer's books. The characters tended to twist and change and the story confused me. I did not enjoy this book. 2/5 stars.

The Penderwicks ~ Jeanne Birdsall

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The language was cheery and jumpy and kept you reading. It was generally a quick read but I enjoyed it all the same. 4/5 stars.

Anne of Green Gables ~ LM Montgomery

This was one of my old favourites when I was about seven so when I saw it in the school library, there was no hesitation in borrowing it. I enjoyed it just as much as when I first read it and reccomend it greatly for those that haven't read it. 4/5 stars.

Faceless ~ Alyssa Sheinmel

This book was very, very good. It's about a girl who has a tragic accident resulting in a face transplant. She has to get to know her new self and learn to live with it. I feel like this book conveys a very important message and deserves to be read by all. 4.75/5 stars

Jacky Daydream ~ Jacqueline Wilson

I saw this in the school library and immediately picked it up. The shining tale of Jacky's childhood captivated me, but I somehow did not enjoy it as much as I have in the past. 3/5 stars.

Kindred Spirits ~ Rainbow Rowell

I did not enjoy this book. It was my first Rainbow Rowell read and I was not impressed, probably because it was so short and hardly had a story. This has not put me off her though, and I'll read some of her others but I was unimpressed with this one. 2/5 stars.

And those were all of the books that I read in May. It was a good reading month and I hope to continue that into June also.

Blog with you later!
Bubblegum x

No comments:

Post a Comment